As some of you may recall, the theme this year for our district was, "Enjoy the ride". I can say with assurance that have definitely enjoyed our ride through this school year. Of course, there have been students who have missed the bus a few times, the driver may have run a stop sign here or there and some may have missed the bus occassionally. That being said, we all still all gotten to our destination, and we did it enjoying all the way.
I'm so proud of this class. Throughout the year, there were many who struggled academically, socially and emotionally, but as a class, we were able to help each other.
Parents, I've been honored to teacher your children this year. They are each beautiful in every which way. I love each of them dearly and will miss them as they travel to intermediate school. With extreme confidence, I send them on and anticipate hearing about all the accomplishments they will make in 5th grade.
HAGS kids!
(HAVE A GREAT SUMMER)
Leaving you with a few pictures from part of our last day...the best part of the last day. While shooting each other with water syringes, we reviewed and reenacted parts of the Battle of the Alamo and the Battle of San Jacinto. In the end (which is the first pictures) a parent allowed students to shoot him with water all at once.
In ending this blog I say to my kids, "Aloha!" As many know this word has multiple meanings. Each morning I could have used aloha to mean hello and every afternoon the word could have been used to say goodbye. My favorite though is the way I feel about this class. Aloha...love and affection.
No comments:
Post a Comment